Over the period of time the fuel injectors in the combustion chamber of the car start emitting a large amount of dust and dirt.
These forms of impurities are mostly the result of the fuel (just like the gas) that we use in our car’s engine.
The fuel injectors emit these impurities that get deposited on the throttle plates and form a black layer of dust.
People often realize the smoothness in the car once they bring it back from the store after servicing. Most of the mechanics also use fuel injector cleaners to smooth the car and improve its efficiency and speed.
The fuel injector cleaners are the best way to clean off the dust that gets emitted due to the impurities in the fuel of the car.
In this article we will help you to get knowledge on:
- how to identify this problem.
- how to resolve this problem.
- How often to perform this treatment of fuel injector cleaners on the car.
You will find a lot of articles on the internet that would easily elaborate on the first two of the above-mentioned issues but the third question is one of the most important here i.e. how often should I use the fuel injector cleaner?
There has to be the right time to use any new liquid in the car.
Let us put some light on these topics.
How Do I Identify The Amount Of Black Dust Emitted By My Fuel Injectors?
If you have been using your vehicle for a long period of time, you will definitely be having complaints about the performance of the vehicle.
Mostly the impurities that are caused by gasoline tend to decrease the performance of the vehicle in terms of its speed and fuel efficiency.
The users have noticed that the consumption of fuel increases manifold after a gradual period of time since they buy the vehicle.
These are the symptoms that should prompt you to check on the fuel injectors.
The users have noticed that the consumption of fuel increases manifold after a gradual period of time since they buy the vehicle. These are the symptoms that should prompt you to check on the fuel injectors.
The simplest way to check the impurities coming out of the fuel injectors is to open the hood of the car.
Put some torchlight on the combustion chamber and see the spray pattern which is released from the fuel injectors. At times the release of the spray forms a conical pattern on the surface of the throttle plates.
The best way to clean the fuel injectors is to buy the fuel injector cleaners and insert them into your gas tank.
How Often Should I Use The Fuel Injector Cleaner?
In order to understand this aspect you need to consider these a few points in mind:
- Whenever you are using it for the first time, just notice the performance of your car after using the fuel injector cleaner. If you are satisfied with it, just note down the number of kilometers that the vehicle has already run.
- You can even reset the kilometer counts and make a note of the previous one.
- Next time whenever you cross the same amount of kilometers you can use the fuel injector cleaners.
- If your previous count was more than 2500-5000 KM, which in any case is quite a sufficient amount of measure for the vehicle to travel, you can set the mark of any fair distance within this limit as your next opportunity to use the fuel injector cleaner.
If you still are not sure, then the best way is to perform the process of identifying the amount of black dust as mentioned above.
You can open the hood of the car and perform the check.
And if you are a pro at realizing the hoarseness in your engine while driving itself, just understand that now is the time to use the fuel injector cleaner again.
It is recommended to use a fuel injector cleaner before going on a long trip, especially if you are planning a long off-roading tour.
Key Points To Remember On The Usage Of Fuel Injector Cleaners
There are certain points that you need to remember while buying and using the fuel injector cleaner
- Every vehicle will have a definite type of fuel injector suiting its mechanism. So it is better that you consult the local car mechanic or the brand store outlet of the car to inquire about it.
- They can help you in buying the best-suited fuel injector cleaner for your car when you are buying it for the first time. You can make later subsequent purchases on your own.
- You should completely empty your fuel tank before adding the fuel injector cleaner into it.
- Read the manual on the bottle of the fuel injector and follow the guidelines properly.
Most of the fuel injector cleaners come with a manual or instruction written on their bodies. You must read this before using any product.